Area Attractions Include:
• If you love antiques you will never run out of auctions, antique shops, and tag sales during the summer. Craft Shows and county fairs are also popular events.
• The shopper will find many wonderful factory outlet shops less than an hour away in Manchester, Vermont, along with good shopping in Bennington, Vermont and Saratoga Springs or Glens Falls, New York. Or just stroll the quaint streets of Cambridge, with its antiques, galleries and shops.
• Saratoga Racetrack features some of the finest flat track thoroughbred horses in America during the month of August. Harness racing takes place at the newly created Racino, where you can play slot machines and bet on the horses!
• For Theater-goers there's Fort Salem Theater, or the Dorset Playhouse along with Hubbard Hall in Cambridge.
• The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is the summer home of the New York City Ballet, the Philadelphia Orchestra, and the Newport Jazz Festival. Fine performances are given by world renown musicians, dancers and entertainers.
• In Cambridge, Hubbard Hall offers a wide variety of musical and theatrical events, along with a Sunday Farmers Market. • The Battenkill River only a mile or so away ranks among the top ten in the country for trout fishing.
• Sight Seeing holds a treasure of covered bridges, old New England churches, and Easter Orthodox Monastery, Victorian mansions, dairy farms and the magic of foliage in Autumn.
• Lake George is a scenic one hour drive from Cambridge, abounds with amusement parks, boat rides, beaches and water activities.
Visit the Cambridge Valley Chamber of Commerce site for more area information